1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 laser or not??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tmack00, Jan 15, 2004.

1. tmack00

tmack00 Member

i own an old v1 ps2 just started copying dvd-r games using dvd decrypter and and swap magic v2 everything was working fine until now i only get the red border i know it was working fine before i tested every game after i burnt them now their not working im thinking its the laser due to the fact i get disk read errors on all cd based games even after trying to adjust the laser any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated i did notice they stopped working when i put labels on them so i tried removing all the labels but still no luck thanks in advance for any help later tmack

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

sounds like a laser problem to me. My v4 just stopped reading the swap magic dvd.

3. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Is it still reading origionals? (or do you own any ;P)

4. tmack00

tmack00 Member

still plays original dvd games cd based games sometimes have to angle the ps2 just the right way for them to work the swap magic disk loads fine and i know the copies are good cause ive played them all before i really think its a laser problem i ordered one from ebay so i guess ill find out soon enough i appreciate everyones help thanks tmack