1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 laser problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by benny1121, Aug 11, 2004.

1. benny1121

benny1121 Member

Hi people I have a ps2 and it will only play ps1 games fine or music cds and with a lot of effort sometimes dvds or ps2 games could this suggest that the laser is on its way out because when it happened before i cleaned the lens on the laser and it worked fine for a week or so then just started playing up again. i have also tried a dvd lens cleaning disc which amazingly i can get to boot i hav cleaned the laser with the disc 4 times but it still wont work properly could someone please help me as im not sure whether it is the mechanics or the laser. thanks in advance

Ben

2. Rotary8

Rotary8 Member

Try cleaning your laser with alcohol and a q-tip thats what i did nad it runs a little better. It would of ran a lot better but I couldnt split the lens where the laser is. What version is your PS2 mine older one is a V4 and it ran great then went downhill now it works ok, here is the site that helped me http://forums.psxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=16888 hope it helps!

-Tony

3. benny1121

benny1121 Member

cheers I have cleaned the laser for a second time but with alcohol as suggested and also in the process i think i might have realigned the laser because by accident my finger slipped and poked right into the lens of the laser. However I powered it on it went on first time and works with every game and dvd i have tried. also my sister was playing her dance mat for a long period of time and it was working fine. thanks

4. Rotary8

Rotary8 Member

Your very welcome!