1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 laser replacement help please

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Maany, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Maany

Maany Member

hi i have a ps2 fat model silver which stopped reading games i have been told that the laser has died where can i get a laser and how much would it estimatedly cost?

please someone reply.

thanks

2. Stabby

Stabby Regular member

Hi there,

Have you tried cleaning the laser lens? I would try that first. Remove the case cover, remove the cover to the DVD drive, and CAREFULLY, take a Q-Tip and some rubbing alchohol and gently rub the laser eye in a circular motion. Dry the lens with the other side of the Q-Tip, and put back together.

That should help!

If not, a new laser assembly will cost around $40-$50.

3. kg2k7

kg2k7 Member

YEAH heres wat worked for me. get some alchohol and dip one end in it not so its dripping wet then rub it gently on the lens for 30 rotations then dry it with the dry side for 30 rotations. dont touch that lens with anything else!!! try that first if it doesnt work un screw those two greasy rods that the lens slides on and grease them up good with moter oil but not so they're dripping, then screw them back in. DONT TOUCH THAT LENS!!! if that doesnt get an new lens.