1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 laser wont read

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by fatleon5, Feb 3, 2007.

1. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

The laser in my V4 PS2 30003 wont read anything at all, it was ok yesterday but today when I put a disk in it says loading and then it disappears and nothing happens, disk read error does not come up, it just doesnt read. I opened up the ps2 and looked at the laser I tried cleaning it but its still the same, I noticed that when I close the door the laser is supposed to flash red for a second but it doesn't and this might be why. I heard before of a way to clean the inner laser but i cant remember where, would this help or do i need a new laser or is it broke for good? I do have a spare laser but its a HD7 one and wont work in my one. Please, any help

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

If the laser isn't lighting up, then most likely you will need to replace it. Do cd's work?

3. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

No it dont read cds either, I never have any luck with ps2's :(
    I dont have the money to buy a new laser yet.
    In one forum on this site there was a way to reprogram the eeprom or something so that it thinks its a differnt version, letting you use a laser which wouldnt normally work.Because my HD7 laser is just sitting round waiting to be used, but I think that only works through a network adapter which I dont have, and even if it was on disk I dont have a laser to read the disk do. Stupid ps2, my brother and sister have had theirs for 5+ years, and theres me gone through 4 ps2s in 2 years. I keep em in good condition aswell exactly the same as my brother and sister, :( jus isnt fair. Thanks for helping anyway, Ill just have to wait and try to get the money for a new laser. I heard the 400c is better than the 400b so ill get one of them. thanks anyway