1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Lazer adjustment? Best dvd media?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by mtlmark23, Oct 31, 2004.

1. mtlmark23

mtlmark23 Member

Had a mod chip installed in my ps2 v.7, and was told my lazer needed adjustment to read backups. The installer said he had to boost up power supply to lazer and adjust lazer reading angle. Will this affect the life of the lazer, and by how much? Also is the lazer replacable in the case of failure? Also who ever reads this, by experience what's your personal opinion on the best type of DVD media to make backups?

2. wong_c_fu

wong_c_fu Regular member

I believe you can adjust the laser yourself...do a search on these forums, I remember seeing someone posting up a tutorial on how to do it along with pictures and step-by-step instructions as well...and yes you can replace the laser it you want, my friend is actually getting his replaced this weekend

Best media, well, to eliminate any uncertainties, always go with DVD-R's, and stay away from +R(W)'s for a sure shot deal. In terms of brand, don't buy any cheap brands: 1. They might not work 2. They can ruin your laser and lessen the life. A good brand which I'd say the majority of people on this board use is Ritek/Ridata G04