1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Lens and DVD back ups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by manila555, Dec 31, 2003.

1. manila555

manila555 Member

I've been reading a lot of threads on ps2 dvd backups and i had a lot of questions, here goes:

1) Does playing ps2 dvd backups wear out the lens quicker than playing an original ps2 dvd game???

2) Is it wise to get a flip top if my lens is weak. I have a version 1 ps2 and its quite old.

3) I played a dvd back up a looong time ago using a neo chip with gameshark swapping, and it booted but the loading time is horribly long, sometimes it would take 10 mins to get to certain parts. While this happen to all my ps2 backups once i get my flip top???

any help would be greatly appreciated...thanx

2. manila555

manila555 Member

3. JerMe

JerMe Member

1) If you burn incorrectly, your lens will work overtime to try to read the bad disc. Correct backups should not wear your lens out.

2) If your lens is weak, it's your call, but you should be fine. You might think about getting your PS2 serviced by Sony first.

3) Backup loading time is relatively quick, within a few seconds, never 10 minutes.