1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 lens problem fixed but is only causing more problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Mxg, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Mxg

Mxg Member

i finally got a new PS2 Laser 400B i installed it it runs all my originals fine
    now this is what really pisses me off now i when i load swap magic and i insert a burned game it keeps saying invalid ps2 disc and all of these games have worked on my older lens to a point where it could no longer read the burnt games i have HD loader which i bought and i play off the HDD but some game dont work on the HDD and i really spent alot of money on all of this and im still at square 1
    so can anyone help me out becuasei expect that at least this new lens would read my backed up games
    i am using Swap magic 3.3
    it doesnt even read the burnt games that my old lens used to read and that old lens was just about dead
    but this New lens reads all games quite fast original games that is
    it also makes a clicking noise when trying to boot a CD game but i have to rest the PS2 for a CD game to work most of the time
    i really would like some help Plz
    thanks

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

are your burnt games on + or -r discs?

3. Mxg

Mxg Member

it uses - R is it possible that the new lens uses + Rs .my previous older lens read my DVD - R discs to some extent until it stopped reading them
    do u have a solution ?

4. Retuos

Retuos Member

you could try adjusting the laser.

5. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

I would probably adjust your laser. If its not reading cd's very good then it stands a good chance that adjusting the laser will fix it.

There will be a white cog at the top end of the drive just turn it a few times then try a dvd and cd. Do this until all discs read ok.

6. Mxg

Mxg Member

well the thing is it reads CD originals and burnt CD originals fine but it isnt reading the DVD backed up games but it is reading the original DVDs fine

and im using a Fliptop with Swap Magic 3.3
    i will try adjusting the cogs and see what happenes

7. Mxg

Mxg Member

well that didnt help so ive read in another thread that i have to twek the laser b to read the different dyes on ever disc the colour of the back of the DVD - R blanks im using is purple
    can anyone refer me to a page where their is a turtorial on this because i keep searching on google with no luck on finding one

8. Mxg

Mxg Member

anyone plz i really need help