1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Magic 3.1+ Mod Chip help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by ltcolfury, Jan 1, 2005.

1. ltcolfury

ltcolfury Member

I have a PS2 V4 Gap Bios PS2. The Magic 3.1+ mod chip was installed a few days ago. Evrythng worked fine. I haven't touched, moved, or even breathed on the PS2 until now.

The Ps2 will boot up original US games but whenever I put in a DVD/CD back up OR an original import game I get an error that says..."Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 format disk." The lens has been cleaned and all connections are still intact and connected perfectly.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in adavance.

2. ozzyboy45

ozzyboy45 Member

i have the same problem it worked fine one day and now its comes up with what yours says Can some one please help us!

3. ltcolfury

ltcolfury Member

I emailed the company where I purchased the mod chip and they suggested to recheck the wiring. He thinks a wire came off somewhere. I guess that is what I will do next.

4. BlackLotz

BlackLotz Member

I have the magic 3.6 chip. I had the same problem.
    The problem is that the condensator monted on the chip probably don't get enough current in the startup. (needed to overwrite the original Bios setup thingy...)You have to find out how long you need to press the restart button in the startup moment, to charge the condensator enough. Or you can use bigger wires on the + cabel to the chip.

5. ltcolfury

ltcolfury Member

I fixed my problem today. My issue was a wire came off the Mod Chip itself. I resoldered it and it works fine again.