1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 magic swap probs

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Neok, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Neok

Neok Guest

hi all , im using swap magic 3.3 discs on my SCPH-30003 R (v5/6) ps2 console) and im keep getting Blank black screen when i boot games ...usual after working for the intro and if the intro show its really slow e.g manhunt and gta san adreas (legal backups)and kingdom heart which work up till when i select new games then get just black screen help plz help plz

2. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

you need to use cdloader, and since you have the smd 3.3 u need to use the one for version 7+ even tho u have a version 5/6, idk y. you can get them from www.swapmagicfix.com you burn the image to a cdr. then u boot it like so,

smd cd -> swap with slidecard/fliptop or w/e to cdloader -> press eject at cdloader screen and put in smd dvd press x to load -> at the insert game by EA method screen -> swap with slidecard/fliptop or w/e to your dvd game and press x to load.

3. Neok

Neok Guest

thanks but the games im trying to run are not listed on that site so how do i know what method to use for each differant game

4. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

just try it
    see wht happens sometimes its diff for people

5. seth_r_s

seth_r_s Member

right.. - this might sound stupid but ive got all the software for burning a ps2 game that will work but i dont have ps2 swap magic or a mod-chip. does anyone know where i can download the swap magic program for free then i cud burn it 2 a disc (if this is possible?)or could some very nice person do an image of the swap magic disc and e-mail it 2 me please.

thanx

6. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

swap magic cant be burned and work, if it could then we would not need to use a mod system to play our games, you must buy it, there is no alternative to loading burned games. Dont tell me otherwise.

go to linker4u.com
    or
    mod-chip.com

7. louthewiz

louthewiz Member

You can also purchase a swap magic disk for cd and dvd based games and the flip top lid for a good price at www.maxwaves.com they are reliable and curteous,I got 1 from them and it works great.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005