1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 major problem- need HELP please!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by levski_26, Dec 15, 2004.

1. levski_26

levski_26 Member

I have a serious problem with my PS2! I need someone who can help me or might have some usefull advice!

Problem: I never had anything like this happen to my Ps2. Everytime I turn on a game, it freezes almost as soon as I start playing. Thats not the only problem though, Sometimes it wont even read the disc- it would just say "ERROR CANNOT READ DISC". Please if u have any ideas as to what the problem is- dont hesitate to give me any sort of advice- it will be greatly appreciated. My PS2 also makes these weird noices when it cant read the disc- quick fact.

Note:I use a modchip (well.. Swap Magic) and my problem first started when I was playing a burned San Andreas game. It just wouldn't load my file, and if it did- it would just freeze after a minute or so.
    I thought the problem would be the fact that its burned so I tested out an original PS2 game. At first it worked fine, but when the CG cinema (very high detailed cinema) started- it froze again.
    - I have a SCPH 50001 PS2 I think v9 or v10
    -I use Swap Magic
    - I cleaned my lazer on the Ps2 and thought that would get rid of the problem, but i was wrong.
    WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM?? PLESE HELP!!!!

2. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Is san andreas burned on a dvd-r or +r. If its a -r then the problem is because you have a v9 ps2 console and games like san andreas mess up with a -r. I had the same problem but i burned it with a +r and the problem was fixed.

3. mallaug

mallaug Regular member

Does any other games run like this? or is it just San Andreas?

4. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member