1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 make weird Noises

Discussion in 'PS2' started by joseph54, Jan 12, 2004.

1. joseph54

joseph54 Guest

Hi, I have some questions, i hope someone can help me:

Why does my Ps2 make weird noises when it is reading ps2 games?
    I have a Flip Top Cover.
    What can i do?
    How can i fix it?

I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

a little more info what do you mean by weird noises could you be a little more precise is this on orignal games,cd backups dvd backups all games etc

3. joseph54

joseph54 Guest

hi, it's me again, i am going to try to explain you better:

When i am playing ps1 original games it works good, When i am playing ps2 original games or back-up's it makes weird noises, like the lasser moves too much or something like that, i don't know.
    It makes weir noises like when i am using Swap Magic 3.
    Do you think i can fix it?
    Is it normal that it makes weird sounds when i am playing back-ups?

I hope you understand me, my english is bad. Thanks for answer my question.

Bye.

4. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

It could be that your PS2 is struggling to read the DVDxR media you are using. Try using high-end media to test it out (Verbatim, TDK etc) to see if that is the problem.

If it's still struggling then your laser needs adjustment - most likely a voltage adjustment.

If this is the case - do a search on this forum for 'adjusting laser voltage' for detailed instructions.

Good luck!

5. Flounder

Flounder Guest

HAHA don't feel bad about the noises. I have the same noises but only on backup dvd games. I'm using Ritek G04 2.4x +r disc with DVD Decrypter and Nero. It doesn't hurt the way the game runs so I'm not worrying about it. It's the price you pay to use backup games I guess:)

6. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

No that is not true.

[bold]Flounder (Newbie)[/bold] <- Please don't dispense inaccurate information. This is an issue this forum has been through multiple times before - and one that has been resolved

If your laser is struggling to read DVD media, its life will be shortened dramatically. It is not normal for this to happen and needs to be identified and corrected.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]AMD Athlon 1800+
    Sony DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW
    Verbatim Data-Life Plus
    Windows XP Pro
    Sony Playstation 2 V.7
    Magic V[/bold]
    [​IMG][​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2004
  7. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i have to agree with brad if your laser is making excessive noise when playing all your backups then it is most likley struggling to read the media and this will dramaticly reduce the life of the laser i would suggest you either try using a different brand of media or burning at a slower speed and see if that helps all of my backup games play in my v7 with virtualy no difference in noise

also if you have just fitted the flip top make sure that the white insert is seated correctly and holding the disc in place properly
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]cd loader for the v7+ ps2 http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/

cd loader for v1-6 ps2 http://www.tidusx.cjb.net/[/small]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  8. joseph54

joseph54 Guest

hi, thanks for answer my questions, i have one more:

Where can i take my ps2 to be repaired?
    Does anybody knows GameXchange?
    Can i take my ps2 there?

my ps2 make noises when i am playing ps2 games only; It does not make any noises at all when i am playing ps1 games. It make noises when i am playing original and back-up's games.
    Thanks Again!!!!!!!!!!

9. jdiddy84

jdiddy84 Member

my ps2 cd tray is stuck open about 2 inches. it will not fully open or close.

someone please help.