1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Making scratching sound

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by SolidWing, Mar 2, 2005.

1. SolidWing

SolidWing Member

I had a PS2 with fliptop for a while now and I havent had any problems til like last week. When I would be playing it would make a scratchy sound but still played the game and if u tapped the PS2 the sound went away, but now when I even put the disc in it makes a loud scratchy sound and I dont know whats wrong.

2. SolidWing

SolidWing Member

Ok I found the problem, I took it to my friend who installed it for me told him the problem, he listened for something in the ps2 I dunno, but then he pushed the dvd lens mechanism aka the eye he said back and that took the problem away. And he said if I have that problem to just push that little piece back.

3. SolidWing

SolidWing Member

Ok well at least I know what the problem is cause its not something that happens everytime, but it happens every now and then, and just when I see that happening I just do what I was told by the guy and thats it. I dunno if theres something I need to fix or adjust or what, but if anyone knows..let me know..

4. younggun

younggun Member

the problem you have is NOT the eye (lens) that sound you hear is the arm that moves the laser back and forth the reason it makes that noise is that it's worn out very soon you won't be able to play anything it also makes the noise when you eject the game right? well here's where to get the part you need it takes about 5 min. to put it in i've replaced 2 of these things already on 2 ps2's

http://www.richspsxparts.com/dres.html

hope this helps you and everyone else with the same problem