1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Max Drive USB Storage - what about HDloader boot from that?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by esone, Dec 5, 2004.

1. esone

esone Guest

I was thinking about putting MC_exploit in memcard but I have unmodded PS2,so my problem is how to get it on memcard..BUT..now I found this new mem card who runs through USB port.
    So now I was wondering if it works to put HDloader(MC_exploit) at this new mem card on PC then put it in PS2..will it work?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2004
  2. esone

esone Guest

3. esone

esone Guest

come on,someone must know...or is so new yet that nobody has tried it yet!?

4. chacep

chacep Guest

OK I'll try to help. What you need to do is get the PS2 to Boot to FTP. I had the same problem when i wanted to do the MC exploit. However i was lucky enough i already had an original copy of HD Loader. I used WinHiip to transfer an image of the FTP to my HD. I connected my HD to IDE Slave and transferred image. Once the image was on my HD i connected back to PS2 and booted to FTP just like a game. Once you get server initialized on port 21 you're set. From there you can do a lot. You can first put exploit on MC and if USB device shows up put it on there. But you will have to change your BOOT.ELF to USB:0 instead of mc0: maybe just a thought. But i know that if it is possible you will have to get FTP to initialize on port 21. Don't know how you can do it without a mod, or swap, or an original copy of HD loader/Advance.

5. chacep

chacep Guest

I was thinking your USB since it is the original AR max the PS2 will probably recognize it. IF so do you see it in the browser if it does tell me and i can help you out.

6. chacep

chacep Guest

Sorry didn't mean to post twice. this is an edit.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2004