1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2-media, backup formats, originals formats,software

Discussion in 'PS2' started by duh, Jan 15, 2003.

1. duh

duh Member

I have been able to backup jak and daxter, and twisted metal,so far but lord of the rings, harry potter, and medal of honor, will not load, though they appear to have been backed up correctly, I noticed on the originals the # on the lower left hand side of the game, I think it is slu #####, next to the DVDROM emblem, the two that worked have a # beginning with a 9, the ones that won't load all begin with a 2, if any one has info, or suggestions I would appreciate it, my epuipment is
    -digital research dvd+rw drive
    -alcohol 120% trial version
    -memorex dvd+r discs
    -scph 39001 version 7 ps2 with magic 3

Last edited: Jan 15, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You'll need the full alcohol 120% for a good burn first of all. But anyway, did you use the same media for the disks that worked with the disks that didnt work too!

3. duh

duh Member

yes, I did use all the same disks,would having the full version of alcohol 120% really make that much of a difference? I thought it was a full version trial period? ---- those #'s I was talking about are scus 9#### (sony computer united states)jak and daxter, and twisted metal black both are labeled this way, I thought gran turismo 3 would work because it is also scus but it is not in the 9####'s,and it also will not load, all the other games I own are labeled slus 2#### (sony ???? united states) I appear to have found the problem, does any body have any solutions to backing up slus 2#### games. thanks

Last edited: Jan 16, 2003
  4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

There is no reason why those particular numbered titles will not backup properly. It has to do with the

a) Media
    b) PS2 laser
    c) PS2 chip
    d) Boot method
    e) Burn Process/Speed (probably the trial version)

Try a different full version application like Nero or RecordNow Max to see if you get better results.

5. duh

duh Member

I have nero express 5.5 and I can't open burning rom for some reason I checked there faq's and I'm doing it right, and on express it did not work at all, I will try RECORD NOW MAX though thanks for the help.