1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Media Player Questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Preditor, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Preditor

Preditor Member

Hey All. I have a few questions about the PS2 Media Player.

1. I downloaded it and im not quite sure what it does. Could someone please explain what it does?

2. I have some sort of idea that its something you burn to a cd along with a DivX movie or MP3's to get them to play on your PS2?

3. If so, is a mod chip required to playback MP3's or movies?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you (and be nice becuase im new)

2. robert34

robert34 Guest

ps2 reality lets u play xvid, divx and mp3 on your ps2. here is a guide i made that will show you how to use it:

How to make a divx/xvid/mp3 disc with
    ps2 reality 1.28 Beta

Tools you will need:

PS2 Reailty Player 1.28 Beta (1.28 is the current release that will play divx/xvid/mp3)

Daemon Tools or something similiar to mount an image. I use alcohol 120%

CDRWIN or Fireburner

WinRaR or something similiar that supports .rar

Getting Started

1) Open you .rar file and unzip them into a folder.

2) Open Daemon Tools or something similiar, and mount the ps2 reailty image.

3) Go to My Computer and go to the virtual drive, copy the files into another folder

4) Go to the folder that you just copied and unzip cdgenps2 into the same folder.

Making and Burning the Image File:

1) Open cdgenps2.exe

2) Drag the 4 main files. install.cnf , ps2media.elf , system.cnf , virtual irx

3) Drag your divx , xvid , mp3's last.

4) you should now have a list in this order:

install.cnf
    ps2media.elf
    system.cnf
    virtual.irx
    movie or mp3

5) Next go to File then Save Image.

6) Save the image as a bin/cue in a folder. ( after this step it will look like windows has frozen, but just wait, it will finish

7) Open up CDRWIN and click on the top left icon. (Record Disc)

8) On the right hand side, you will see a button named Load Cuesheet , click here and then select the cue file you made earlier.

9) On the bottom switch the speed to 2x, then on the right hand side click Start Recording.

10) You should have created a succesfull divx/xvid/mp3 disc !!!!

Booting Instructions.

Note: You must have some sort of booting method to play backups.
    (magic3.1 , messiah2 , flip top + swap magic boot disc, swipe card +swap magic)

1) Put the Disc in and boot as how you would boot a backup game.

2) Select the Language that you would prefer , press start and await the next screen.

3) You will now have a menu:
    Configuration
    Credits
    Browser
    Play

4) Go to Configuration and Centre the Screen and switch to your video mode. (If you have a memory card, you can save these settings)

5) Go back and go to browser, go down to your movie and hit play. It should start in about 10 seconds. (some movies take a real long time, just wait a while, it should come up)

a modchip is not required but some kind of booting method to play backups is... something like swipe card and smd, or flip top and smd are no mod solution.

hope it helps!

3. Preditor

Preditor Member

Thanks for all your advice and help, but i have no way of booting it. Is there any way possibe to boot it without having any modifications made to the PS2 or without having to force the ps2 door open or closed?