1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Media Players... Help?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by fuel_f2f, Apr 20, 2007.

1. fuel_f2f

fuel_f2f Regular member

I've googled and read, searched and searched many dead end paths. All I can find are non-working download links or info from 2005-ish...

Anyone know a good, solid, current media player that could be loaded from either a disc or USB pen drive or something so I can play video files?

I have V-12 slim with Duo3 Gold chip. I only have a 8mb mem card but have a 128mb usb pen drive. I'd prefer to load the program via usb pen or dvd-r if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for any and all help. I'll keep googling for now...

2. ndtoall

ndtoall Member

I know there is PS2 Reality Media Player, I've never used it, but it's *supposed* to be the best (from what I've read).

I personally use SMS, because the app is small, it'll fit on a mem. card or your jump drive, but it's also cool cause you can setup samba and keep all your mp3's and movies on your PC and stream them.

If you can't find the sms elf, I can send it to ya. Just PM me your email.

On a side note, does the Duo3 let you boot elf's from your mem. card or pen drive? I'm looking to get a reasonably priced chip, so lemme know if you like yours or not :)

Nd

3. fuel_f2f

fuel_f2f Regular member

Duo3 Gold Product Features:

* Full Direct boot of all media types (PS1, PS2, CD-R, DVD-R DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD9 or DVD+RW)
    * New ON / OFF technology to deactivate the Mod-Chip function
    * New low profile design for easy mounting and installation
    * Network adapter (PlayStation 2 broadband connection) ready
    * Multi Disc ready
    * NTSC and PAL ready
    * Compatible with PS2 MediaPlayer 1.50 (DivX, Mp3, jpeg)
    * ActionReplay MAX, ActionReplay V2 and GameShark2 ready (for all who use GS2 / AR2 cheatcodes)
    * Does not effect your DVD player - all original features of the PlayStation 2 remain the same
    * Auto-detects the PlayStation 2 version and region (NTSC, PAL) - doesn't matter which country you're in.
    * Low voltage design, 3.3V
    * DVD movie region free
    * Boot programs from the Memory card

Not sure if it will let me boot from usb pen drive...

I got mine here:
    http://www.mod-chip.com/en/duo3.php

Good chip, comes with laser fix for V12-13 Slims, all wires needed(not cut to size) some solder, not a whole lot but more than enough for the tiny wires and solder points, and some de-solder wick if u mess up. Or you can save some cash if u have all that and buy the chip only. Pretty fast shippers, good pricing and well-packed. I enjoyed my transaction with them. The chip may be a cheaper one, but it works well for me.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  4. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Is there a way to play custom soundtracks on the PS2?