1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 memory card exploit help please

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jack_ryan, Mar 4, 2005.

1. jack_ryan

jack_ryan Member

i have created my title.db file from a ps1 game with TITLEMAN.exe and have all the elf files i need. I am using the early ps2 swap method to boot my disk, but when the disk seems like it wants to boot its freezes on a black screen that says "playstation" and "scea" at the bottom.

2. jack_ryan

jack_ryan Member

also i have a version 8 ps2 if that helps any, thanks in advance for you help

3. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Obviously, your PS1 game is not triggering the exploit correctly.

I used the action replay max exploit, cause I have no mod chip. So I don't know about the cd-r method.

But I know you shouldn't see the playstation logo at all.

Try booting another PS1 game, after 4 days of fighting with "NINJA: Shadow of Darkness" I realized that that game just does not work with the MC Exploit.

They say that some PS1 games do not work, for me the original Tomb Raider (Not Greatest Hits) and GTA2 work fine.

4. petephil

petephil Member

same as atariborn said try a different ps1 game also try making another title.db file as this was the problem i had.

use titleman frontend.

hope this helps

5. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

If you can, try finding one of the multiple game "title.db" files. Some contain between 200 & 800 games!

Just remember, try different PS1 games, don't give up on one try after a CD doesn't work. Try 3 or 4 games before another attempt. You might just miss the "perfect" combination!

By the way, most of the "db" files come with a text file containing a list of games and title IDs that are supposedly supported.

For more info, contact me, via AIM or MSN Messenger (atariborn at hotpop.com)