1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Memory Card Problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gener8tr, Jan 23, 2007.

1. gener8tr

gener8tr Member

Sorry to bother y'all, but I'm really hoping someone here can help me.

My PS2 will not allow me to save on Metal Gear Solid or Metal of Honor. In fact, the message says there is not a memory card in either slot one or slot two.

Well, I thought maybe my card had finally gone bad so I went to Game Crazy and purchased a new one... SAME PROBLEM.

I don't play games much anymore, but last time I tried to play Metal Of Honor it would not let me save... Then I played Tiger Woods and it DID let me save... Hence I thought my game was bad. Well, now that it won't save Metal Gear I know it's not the game and since I purchased a new memory card I'm sure it is not that, either.

Somebody told me I may need to "initialize" the card for certain games? I have no idea what this means and I don't remember doing it before. I used to save Metal Gear a few years ago with no problems. However, I no longer have any data for Metal Gear or Metal of Honor saved... only Tiger Woods and Hot Shots Golf.

I did format the new memory card, so that cannot be the problem either. The PS2 works perfect in every other way, so I don't know how it could be mechanical?

Can someone PLEASE help.

Thank you for your time,

Frank

2. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

it could just be that the memory card isnt compatible with those games. another posibility is that the internal ribbon cables that connects the memory cards/joypad ports to the ps2 is loose or bad. you can always try to clean your memory cards connectors with "Rubbing Alcohol" or "Deoxit Gold".

Let me know what happens.

3. gener8tr

gener8tr Member

You're right... The games in question are PS1 and I cannot save on a PS2 card.

Now I have to find a PS1 card.

Thanks for the help.

4. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

I have a spare PS1 memory card if you want it.

5. gener8tr

gener8tr Member

More than generous of you, my friend.. I stopped at a local Pawn Shop today and picked up a couple at $3.00 each.

Thank you very much for the kind offer!

6. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

Happy to hear you found some, i would have gave u mine for free. if ur interested i can get a hold of a mega memory card for u. it has the capapcity of 30 ps1 mem cards.