1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Memory Card problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by NephrenKa, Sep 2, 2003.

1. NephrenKa

NephrenKa Member

Well, I've been trying to save recently, and it tells me that the PS2 memory card in slot A is unformatted. If I select "format", it just says "format failed!" If I don't select "format", nothing happens. Can anyone give me some advice?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

borrow a friends memory card and make sure the playstation reads it. If it does, then your card is broken, else somethings wrong with your ps2.

3. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

well, on the subject of PS2 memory card problems..........i noticed that after i deleted everything off my memory card using Action Replay's memory manager thing, i have like only 4-5Mb space left even though it's empety so there should be like 8Mb.

anyone know of a way to format the card, or if there is a program i can download to do this????? i really wanna fix it, cos i don't wanna have to buy another one, they cost so much just for one memory card, damn sony prices :(

4. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

come on people....someone must know whether it's possible or not. i just want to know if it's possible to format a ps2 memory card????

5. donkey132

donkey132 Member

My memory card always has corrupted data,but I never had a problem with formatting.

6. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

donkey132, you say you never had a problem formatting. do you mean that your ps2 never told you that it needs formatting, or do you mean that you've successfully formatted your card before.

if the latter is true, then HOW??? what program or whatever, cos there's no option to format it from the main ps2 menu?????

(thanx for replying by the way)

7. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

Do you have a memory card that came with a cd because if you do you have to put the cd in every time you want to use the memory card.

8. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

WHAT! you actually answering the original guys post???

man fusk that shit. what about my card, huh.

man, i got a real official ps2 card, and it's fucked up beyond repair. i just wanna format the bastard. there must be a way. damn, that's £20 down the can. SONY sucks balls man. prolly do that shit on purpose just so you gotta go out and spend money ona new one, well fusk that. i'm not forkin out £20 for another official pice a junk. i gotta go get me a cheapo thing.

so anyways, thanx for all the help peoples.

9. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

WHOA chief settle down.

10. robert34

robert34 Guest

cant you just return the mem card and ask for another one. I bought a ps1 mem card and it didnt work, i just went back to the shop and the replaced it.