1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 memory card

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gfish, Aug 18, 2004.

1. gfish

gfish Guest

i have just bought a new memory card form my ps2 but it wont load or save to it. it just trys to load and save to the first memory card i dont know why because i formatted it and its an official sony 8meg memory card i can also see the card on the browser and i can see the save i copied across but it cant see the save in the game any help is welcome thanks gfish

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

If you can see the card in the browser screen, then it should work fine. which slot is the card in? also which game are you having problems with?

3. Serath

Serath Member

As crazy as this may sound... some games will ONLY save to the card in slot 1. I dunno why but it doesn't let you choose slot 2. Try swapping slots and see if it helps.

4. X56kemoX

X56kemoX Member

hey i have i quick q for you guys i want to load some progs on to my memory card what can i use?? i was reading about shark port but that looks like it only works for game saves and the same goes for xport it was talking about the same thing game saves. can any one help please.

5. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

lf you want to load progs onto the memory card, one method is to burn the progs to a cd-r then boot with SMD/AR2. There is a way to load progs using Action Replay MAX usb pen drive which lets you transfer progs from your pc to your PS2 memory card using the usb ports.

6. X56kemoX

X56kemoX Member

7. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Good software that has some great features and if you or anyone else here at AD want to transfer .elf programs from your PC to your PS2 MC without using a mod or swap trick then I recommend that you GET this.

8. X56kemoX

X56kemoX Member

hey thanks for your help i think im going to get it this sunday.

9. X56kemoX

X56kemoX Member

ok i got Action Replay MAX and i have the usb pen drive but i cant load stuff to my mem card i wanted to load the boot.elf file on to my mem card but it wont copy i made sure that the file is on my pen drive but i cant copy it to my mem card for some reason when i go to look at the usb pen drive i cant see the file that is on the mem card what cant i do please help

10. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

The elf file needs to be converted into a .max save so you can use it with the max drive, you can get the pre-made .max save at zxspekys site.
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/zxspeky/

Does anyone know where to get a save tool to convert files into .max saves?

11. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

as yet I don't think there is any tool to convert files into .max saves, but as you said my site has an exploit .max save, this is the pal version, but there is a link on the noobie help page to the ntsc versions, there are a lot more of the ntsc saves, as the disc id's were taken from a breaker pro disc, but I had to rely on people sending me their disc id's to add to the exploit.

btw, it would help if those who have used the .max save could post the names of the games they used as the trigger disc.

12. X56kemoX

X56kemoX Member

ok i got the exploit zip i looked in it and saw files like cdvd.irx and a system file and some other files also a folder that says files i dont get it what i need to do to copy the files i need to my mem card???? i looked in the noobie help
    but i did not see anything on how to do it and it said to come to this site please bare with me i am totaly new at loading to mem card stuff. thank you

13. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member