1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Memory Saves

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ital_dj, Apr 3, 2007.

1. ital_dj

ital_dj Member

Hi, I recently converted a PSV file (PS2 Game Save from the PS3) into the old PS2 format (with multiple files, .b, etc.) and I was wondering if there was a way to compile my new files BACK into PSV. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

You would have to extract/rebuild the original first to figure it out.Then code an extractor/rebuilder for the PSV file,which is not easy.If you have experience with C/C++,Delphi,VB code etc...you might be able to do it,but if you don't I highly doubt it.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Ah excuse my ignorance,look at this site http://www.ps2savetools.com/ .They give you a step by step instuction on extracting the .PSV files and how to transfer it back to the PS3.I'm not sure if the Sony Playstation 3 Memory Card Adaptor they mention converts the PS2 save files into .PSV,but it might be something to look into.

4. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

You can extract the save files from the psv file, but you can't actually recode a save back into psv at the moment.