1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 mod chip help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by andy409, Jan 15, 2007.

1. andy409

andy409 Regular member

Is there a mod chip where you could put ps2 games on its HDD , and what kind of hard drive can I use?

I have a V4 PS2 and needs to be modded.

thanks for all your help if you guys even bother helping and I couldn't find any forum in afterdawn.com that explains it for a V4 PS2, but if there is, I did mean to break any rules and I'm sorry and I did google it and found nothing.

2. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular member

There's no such modchip (hardware) that "directly" put games into your hard drive. However, there's a software that does that called HDLoader or HDAdvance, both are more or less the same. Also, there is a modchip that lets you load/boot into the Hard Drive without inserting a software (boot disc) called DMS4 Pro/Lite or Matrix Infinity with Dev2.

To further explain what I meant above. Whenever you want to access the hard drive, either to play games, or to save games, you'll need to insert the boot disc (HDLoader or HDAdvance). What the DMS4 chip is capable of doing is that its bios is big enough to hold the "software" inside.

You can find the list of compatible hard drives here or here

3. andy409

andy409 Regular member

so all i need is a ps2 with a bigger hard drive and HD loader and I'm set to go?