1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Mod Chip Installation

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by notHitler, Mar 14, 2005.

1. notHitler

notHitler Member

I live in the DAllas(TX) area and need a mod chip installed in my PS2. It's a version 10. I would like to know how much it costs before You install it lol. Please post a comment or pm me. Thanks.

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Google is your friend.

3. notHitler

notHitler Member

Nope, tried that. That's pretty much what brought me here.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

5. Sawdust11

Sawdust11 Member

Hey hitler, I have version 7 ps2 and modchipped mine for about $50, I installed it myself, what a b...h though, took me 2 tries but got it, very plezd. How that helps. U going to do it yourself?

6. notHitler

notHitler Member

I may ahve to but I would prefer not to. I don't own a sauldering iron or w/e they are called. I've done sauldering before but that was many years ago.

7. icecoled

icecoled Member

oh man if you dont even know what a sodering iron is i wouldent be messin with your ps2 you will jack it up it is not the essist thing to do i had to use a professional sodering iron to do mine and ive seen many people break there ps2's trying

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

icecold's right. If you don't know what a soldering iron is don't attempt to solder a chip on your PS2. Have it done professionally. Just think of it as an investment...

9. TobyB

TobyB Member

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  10. notHitler

notHitler Member

Yeah I know what one is..it looks kinda like a hot g;ue gun but hat metal tips and you ahve a spool of metal etc. but I would really prefer not to do it myself because i don't wanna break my ps2 like you said ice.

11. icecoled

icecoled Member

lol yea get it professionaly done YOU WILL break it you defenitly need some experince. or u can buy a ps2 with one in one off the net if u cant find a professional

12. Sawdust11

Sawdust11 Member

HELLO,I'm not a pro but I did it. Get your self a mag. glass, either the ones u put on your head or a stationary one that sits in front of u. Thats the I have. Got it from radio shack $12. I'd perfer the headset ones but they were like $25. My buds want one now but r scared to let me do it, they might get a solderless chip instead. Don't know if those r better.Get a low watt soldering iron 15watt, don't want to melt anything. Good luck.

13. notHitler

notHitler Member

Well the solderlees one don't work on all the version, 3-5 I think. I don't think they'd be as good seeing as they are directly connected to the motherboard in the PS2 but I Could be wrong. Anyway sill looking for someone in the Dallas area.