1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Mod Chip, No Audio/Video

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by kcd, Jan 18, 2007.

1. kcd

kcd Member

I just installed a Matrix Infinity Mod Chip 1.54 on a Version 7 PS2. After everything was put back together, I plugged everything back in. It powered on, the tray opens, I can put in a PS2 game, the disk spins, the fan is on, and there's a blank screen on the TV. Any suggestions would help. I'm just about ready to cut all the wires.

2. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Have a close look at your install and look for bridges on the bios chip, or shorts that shouldn't be. If you cant find any removing the chip may help you to determine if the issue is more serious.

3. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular member

take a closer look at the M N O P try to solder it again to see if that works. If it doesn't, then you'll have to take out the whole thing and boot it up to see if there's any sound and start over.

I used to refuse to resolder everything over again and spent more time than I should. So i strongly suggest you try that method.

4. kcd

kcd Member

I unsoldered everything, removed everything, and the thing will not boot a disk. The power light still comes on, the disk spins, the fan comes on, but NO audio/video. Looks like I messed up my PS2. Any other suggestions, other than throwing it in the trash?

Thanks

5. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Look over your solder points very closely and make sure you have no shorts or bridges. If you have a DVM with a continuity tester you might want to start checking your fuses, specifically PS14. When PS14 is blown the V12's act just as you have mentioned.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2007
  6. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

Any fix for this yet? I am having the same problem

7. Rolling_S

Rolling_S Member

You could've burned the BIOS chip.

8. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

is that even fixable??

9. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

If the BIOS chip is bad, I'm not sure if that's something that is practical to try and replace. It would probably be easier to get a new motherboard. I don't know how'd you'd even test for a bad BIOS chip.

Still, I'd also recommend checking for any bridges with a multimeter.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  10. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

@Stry-Ker

What have you done to diagnose your issue?

11. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

Took chip out and problem presists. One via did come off during install but trace is fine. I believe it was for point "I". So we soldered directly to leg connected to trace.