1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Mod Chip Problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Stubbus, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Stubbus

Stubbus Member

Hi, this is my first time posting, so if I do something wrong please tell me and I will correct it. I'm trying to install a Neokey External Mod Chip onto my PS2 Version 5/6 and the directions that I have found about installing it say that I have to remove a piece. How would I go about doing this? I'm able to get to the motherboard, and I know which piece to remove, and which two piece to connect with the wire, I just don't know how they wanted me to remove the piece. What equipment would I use? How would I do it? If anyone knows how I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much,

Stubbus

2. ducatis

ducatis Guest

If its something on the board you need a soldering iron. just sharpen the tip of the iron then put the tip onto the soldered part of what your trying to remove then while the solder is molten pull the piece free.