1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 mod-chip questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bagelbot, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Bagelbot

Bagelbot Member

I was wondering first of all, if Xmodd.com is reliable. Has anyone else had any problems with them? I was hoping to send them my PS2 to be modded.

And if they are, which chip should I get? I want to be able to play DVD9, PS1 and PS2 games, with the option of disabling the mod-chip for online play when I want.

Also, I have a PS2 slim which causes a number of problems. I've heard that there is a defect with my model's laser which needs a separate chip to be installed. (some sort of power overload which causes the motherboard to burnout?)

I spent a while searching around forum boards for information, but most of them say one thing, and I hear something completely different elsewhere.

I'm kind of confused, and would appreciate any help.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

the only modchips i have heard that can run dvd9 (And do the others listed) are: 1)-Dms4 2)-Matrix infinty.

I would go for the Dms4 pro but even the Lite is an awesome chip,
    They are a bit pricey but You get what you pay for

Good luck :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

Bought my premodded slim PSTwo at XModd with the DMS4 Pro chip.
    They make them to order so be prepared to wait a few weeks. But they are very reliable and do a good job. I have had no problems with mine in the 2 months i have had it. And if it does not already come installed you will need the ToxicOS v0.3 flash to play DVD9 games. It is free. My system came with what was the newest ToxicOS flash at the time (v0.2) already installed.

you can read up on the DMS chips and flashes here:
    http://web02063.prolocation.net/phpBB2/index.php