1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Mod Chips

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Slipper, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Slipper

Slipper Member

Help! Can anyone give me their opionion on what chip is the best to use when using backups of PS2 games? Which one(s) are resonable as far as price is concerned, plays the most games, etc.? Also, how do you check to see what version of PS2 you have?

Thanks for any help.

2. porthos

porthos Member

IMHO I think the DMS3 chip is the best on the market. You can play PS1 and PS2 copied games. Plus DIVX and MP3 in your PS2. Plus a lot more.

3. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

Well it depends on what you are planning to use the PS2 for. IF you using just to play games and do not bother if some games do not work then go for the Magic 3.1. If you want all the games to work and have a slightly bigger pocket then go for the Magic 5 or the Messiah series. If you want to play all MP3/DivX/Xvid without swap and want a futureproof mod with Macrovision Off and Cd-r upgrade and all the kewl stuff then go for the DMS3. DMS rulez the market but it is costlier. Hope this helped

4. Slipper

Slipper Member

Thanks for the help.

5. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Just had Matrix MXL installed in my v7 ps2. Everything plays fine, even rips. Cost £50, but chipper gave me £15 for my flip-top, so bill was £35.
    Well happy :)

Dene