1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Mod chips

Discussion in 'PS2' started by scoobydru, Mar 4, 2004.

1. scoobydru

scoobydru Member

i've just copied my first PS2 game using nero. all the files transferred onto the blank dvd-r but my playstation will not play the copied game.
    i've seen that you have to get your ps2 chipped. Do you REALLY have to get your playstaion2 chipped/modded or should an exact copy of an original game play on a standard un-modded PS2?

Also what is the best media type to use? i put my copy onto a dvd-r but can a cd-r be used and if so does it work just as well?

2. scoobydru

scoobydru Member

oh yeah. if i DO have to have my PS2 modded what is the best chip to get?

3. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

yea do do have to get some type of mod either a chip or a fliptop/swap discs which are cheaper. if u can solder or dont care about how much you spend get the chip. dont know what version you have so cant recommend a chip. if u put the game on a cdr, it would have 2 be a rip which puts strain on the laser and has some movies/sounds missing. just keep the games on a dvd-r

4. account

account Guest

it depends if your good at soldering then you should go for the chip if your not then go for the fliptop or you can pay someone to install chip for you. it also depends on your ps2 version cause if you have an older version of a ps2 you can get a chip for $20

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

5. wcpir8

wcpir8 Guest

Get a chip. I had a swap disc and that stuff is tire some. If u are good (very good) at soldering then give it a shot. Bear in mind though, that the smallest error can destroy the machine. I just got PS2 modded about a month ago. The guy did a very good job. Shipped it to him, and every day he gave me the system status till it came right back to me. He also gives "buyer protection", so it was a very safe transaction.

6. dandoom

dandoom Member

I got messiah installed for £100.The best £100 i've ever spent.Not had one problem with it EVER.I've had it for 3 years now 2.SWEET.

7. dandoom

dandoom Member

Mine was also done an hour after i dropped it off to the modmad.He wouldnt let me see what he was doing tho the weirdo!Whats so special about soldering?LOL.I say chips rule.