1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 mod question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tolu515, Dec 7, 2004.

1. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

Where can I get an online guide for modding a ps2? I did a lot of searching' but can't anything. Help would be greatly appreciated

2. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

3. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

You guys never reply. Isn't this a forum for help?

4. AussieZan

AussieZan Member

This forum is quite active really. There are just so many threads that talk about modding the PS2, most of the answers are already there. You just have to be patient and shift through all the posts.

Having said that, what in particular do you want to know about modding? About modchip modding? And which version of the PS2 do you have. Be more specific.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  5. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

Sorry for my impatience, but I was in a rush to get to class.

I have a v4 nogap ps2. I just want a guide that gives you a walkthrough on how to put the modchip in the ps2 and not fry any connections.

6. buttnugg

buttnugg Member

Please Help. I have a Neo12 modchip installed in my PS2 v10 console. It is soldered
    correctly according to the instruction sheet. The console plays correctly as if nothing was
    installed on it. It plays backups of DVD movies, backups of audio cds, and originals of
    DVD, CD, PS2 and PS1 games. It does not play backups of PS2 and PS1 games. When
    trying to play a backup of any PS2 or PS1, the console says, "Please inset a Playstation2
    or Playstation formatted disc". The programs I'm using to backup the games are
    CloneCD 4.2 for PS1 games and Nero 6.3's option to Copy DVD for PS2 games. After
    coping I verify that the copy is identical to the original and they are. The media I'm using
    is Memorex 52x CD-R and Memorex 8x DVD+R and I'm burning at 4x for both. Could
    someone please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

7. AussieZan

AussieZan Member

@tolu515

Most chip manufacturers have step by step instructions (with diagrams) on their website. Some that I've seen are DMS, Matrix, Crystal and Magic chips sites. If you want more indepth or specific information, then check out the respecitive forums on the chip manufacturers site.

Another alternative would be to use a solderless chip such as the DMS EZI chip. It 'seems' quiet painless to install.

8. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

thanx AussieZan