1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 mod questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by matt12345, Nov 28, 2004.

1. matt12345

matt12345 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2004
  2. xshredx

xshredx Regular member

Hmmm.. If you buy the PS2 and the Matrix Infinity separately and install it yourself, you can save about $25. If you're soldering skills are not very good, and you don't know anyone who can do it, then I guess the extra $25 is worth the installation.

Yes, all modchips are capable of playing copied games. The modchip that comes pre-installed is the Matrix Infinity, (which is one of the best modchips around, if you ask me) so you don't have to worry about that.

Yes, you burn PS2 games onto a blank DVD (I suggest [bold]DVD-R[/bold], less problems with reading), using a [bold]DVD[/bold] burner (a normal CD burner will not work). I suggest using DVD Decryptor http://www.dvddecrypter.com/ . This is the fastest, easiest, and most reliable way to copy PS2 games. Best of all, it's free.

It should come with all the wires and controller. Good luck!

3. matt12345

matt12345 Guest

thanks alot for ur help i think the 25$ is worth itt cause i dont know how to put in the chip nor do i know anyone who can do it for me....

4. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

I was just about to get a slimline ps2 with a matrix infinity and then i read all these forums about the lasers buring out and not sure if the fix is 100% What's the deal. Should i just wait?

5. xshredx

xshredx Regular member

If I were you I'd just get a regular PlayStation2. I belive you can still get one from Costco. The PSTwo looks neat and is a lot smaller, but it the regular PS2 is just more reliable. But if you really really want the smaller design, just wait until the next version. They should fix it in time.

6. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

I'm really don't care if it's slimline or regular. Is the problem with the lasers the slim model or is the the maxtrix infinity?

7. xshredx

xshredx Regular member

i think its the laser in the slimline ps2. i've heard from other people that they've experienced problems with lasers burning out even without modchips. since you don't care if it isn't a slimline, i would say to just get the regular one just to be safe.

8. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

I can't find a regular anywhere. I might wait it out, and she if they fix it 100%