1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 mod?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SgtSpanky, Oct 20, 2004.

1. SgtSpanky

SgtSpanky Guest

I've been reading the playstation 2 backup guides and I know how to run dvd decryptor and dvd shrink. My only question is then does your playstation 2 have to have a mod chip in order to read/play the backup disc? If it does where do I get them? / what kind? / how much are they? and how do I install it?

If I don't have to mod my ps2 what do I have to do to get the disc to play?

my ps2 plays backup dvd's that've I've made with decryptor and shrink. I would like to leave my ps2 unmodded if it is possible.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

answers to all your questions have already been answered. do some searching on the forums.

3. SgtSpanky

SgtSpanky Guest

That's it, this is my 3rd profile, evertime I make a post some senior member comes on and makes a remark like search yourself. which then I call out that your a dick and get banned. Well guess what I did search I found the articles about modding but there was 1 that said it was possible to do it without and I was wondering how. Instead of being lazy as hell, why don't you just answer the question

4. punx777

punx777 Regular member

here..................

if it were me, id get a mod, so much easier and less pain in the ass if you can find somewhere to mod (i got my infinity from norcalmods.com for 100 dollars) i know it takes alot of courage shippin your console away but hey.. IIIIIIIITTTTTTTSS WWWWOOORRRRTTTHHHHH IIIITTTTTT!!!!!

an alternative are swap magic disks, but to play swap disks you need either a no solder mod( all they do is open the disk tray w/o the ps2 knowing about it), a flip top, or a slide card, i hear the slide card sucks the most so you should pry go with a fliptop, (i went to www.ps2cover.com to get my cover but everyone says they suck) anyway, with swap magic, games are jumpy, half dont boot without extra swapping via dvd loader... and there are several that you have to completly rebuild the game image............................

SUMMARY: YOU NEEEEEDA MOD OF SOME SORT, be it a solderd in chip or a fliptop/slidecard/nosoldermod and swap magic disks...........
    just get a solder mod installed..... tio save you the pain in the ass....