1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2(modchip) playing movies, games?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Hux, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Hux

Hux Member

How are games and movies copied. Once you make a backup or get a backup from somwehre (internet) you just burn the ISO image or whatever it is to a DVD and it works when the PS2 has a modchip in?

2. Shad

Shad Regular member

If you are getting a backup from the internet or anywhere else and its an iso format then YES you just have to burn it. BUT you burn it depending on how big the file is. What i mean is that if you have a file that is 700mb or less then obviously burn it on a cd. If you have a file that wouldnt fit onto a cd then obviously use a dvd.

3. Shad

Shad Regular member

I forgot to add: yes, the backups will only work if your ps2 has a mod chip. Take into consideration though that not all modchips support all games. For example a neokey or a nosolder modchip will not support any game. ALSO usually the modchips dont support ea games. if you want an excellent modchip then i would DEFINATELY recommend the dms3. get a premodded ps2 with the dms3 for like $289 WITH a network adapter included from www.modchipman.com (that site is the cheapest and best service) or if you already have a ps2 then order the dms3 and the "have modchipman mod your ps2" service then checkout. the chip is $50 and the mod the ps2 service is $60 which is excellent (being that all the other sites are more expensive than that and also modding a chip is HARD and you will not be able to unless you are a pro in it).