1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 modchip problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by max8, Dec 23, 2004.

1. max8

max8 Member

Dear all, I just bought my PS2 a month ago. Before that, it can played original and backup DVD games. But now it's only can play original DVD games. When I insert the backup DVD games, the screen show "Please insert PS2 formatted disc"
    Can anyone help me here??

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Check your chip and see if it has a loose wire.
    Or has your chip got a boot sequence where you have to hold in the power button for 3 secs or so?

What chip you got?

3. max8

max8 Member

Thanks matty8887..My chip is Magic but I don know what version?? My console model is SCPH-50002.
    Regarding to "Or has your chip got a boot sequence where you have to hold in the power button for 3 secs or so?" issues, I am intresting on this. Can u explain how it work by hold down reset button.
    But my problem is before that I can play backup DVD games by just insert and press reset once. There is no any boot sequence needed. After that, it cannot play backup DVD games at all even I switch off and start it again.

1 more question.. If I accidently hold in the power button for 3 secs, can I reset it back as usual or just switch off the console and start it again? OR i need to follow some procedure to get it back to normal mode??

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004