1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Modchip problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bigredase, Jan 24, 2004.

1. bigredase

bigredase Member

I ordered a no solder PS2 modchip V4 from modchip.com. I used the directions on the net and when i opened up my ps2 i couldn't find where the chip fits. the pictures on the site are not very good. I checked the model number and serial number but it's the right one. i took the ps2 completely apart and put it back together.(at least it still works) but i need help so please help me out.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

are you absolutly sure you have a v4 and not a V4R? I've know a few people that have made that mistake.

3. bigredase

bigredase Member

How do you know if you have a V4R?

4. Retarded

Retarded Member

I installed my no-solder modchip a while back. With the top off. Dont remove the eject and restart like it says. It is a waist of time. Place the machine with the back to you, right side up, after you get the lid off. You should see 3 main pars. The CDrom on the left. Top right Memory strip (Thats now what it is called.) Bottom right is the fan and power button. Remove the 2 screws holding the memory strip down. Careful not to let it drop. Then remove the I think 1 screw on the fan left. Once the screws are removed you are ready to remove the unit. Stick your hand in where the hard drive would be. (big empty hole or where your had drive is on the back.) Gently lift up and wiggle the case. Once out slide the bottom case to the side. Keeping the unit in the same postion as before. (back to ya)

Install the chip. Look on the left side where the white strap from the top is going. Gently remove it. (just pull it) From the motherboard. Take a good look where it is becasue you will need to remove another one next to it. Your modchip is going to plug in where you take the 2 cables out. It can only fit one way. Once you find out the second one to remove remove it. Plug in your modchip. Then plug your 2 cables into the modchip. Put everything back together.

Good luck. Hope that helps. If it does not. You may have a older then a v4.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ModChip Hell[/small]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2004