1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 modchip query

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Elixer, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Elixer

Elixer Member

I'm not very technically savy, and i'm looking at buying a modchip for my PS2 and i'm hearing that this "Magic V" modchip is sort of the way to go.
    Opinions on that?

I'm not sure about all this model number stuff either... i bought the latest model that was available in B.C. Canada as of Dec.28 2003, and it's not the online package, it just came in a light blue box with a little plus sign in a yellow triange on the bottom right corner of the box.

The other thing i'm wondering is, I'm hearing about this "Magic V" modchip, but on other sites I hear about a "Magic V 50K" modchip... are they one in the same? Or are there different models?

Or is the "Magic V" not a recommended way to go?

What I'm looking for is a modchip that will allow me to play PS2 and PS1 games (which I assume is also PSX) that I have copied from original games to a CD-R, as well as games that I have downloaded and copied to a CD-R.

All opinions and recommendations appreciated =-)

2. account

account Guest

where in B.C you from? i live in Gibsons B.C

the magic 5 would be a good chip for you cause i you will have a version nine or ten it's real simple to check all you have to do is turn on the ps2 at the main menu hit triangle and the top number for you would be something like scph 5001 or something like that.

one more thing don't talk about downloading games here it's an instant ban

and i think the magic 5 50k is for version 9 or 10 and the magic 5 is for the lower versions
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]check out my website im still learning how to make sites but it is still ok for now http://www.jgames.50megs.com[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2004