1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 modchipping UK

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by aszbaz, Feb 13, 2007.

1. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

Hi, just have two questions. are their any GOOD uk modchip installers for ps2. and the second, i cant find 8X dvd-rs from verbatim, but i can find JVC dvd's. are they good? and are they better than verbatim 16X dvd-r's? which are best for burning ps2 games?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.ghost2fitter.co.uk/
    i know a few people who have used this site and were very happy.

and i do not think JVC would be better. I would just get the 16X Verbatim instead. Unless you can find an online store that you can get the 8X DVD-R from Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden

3. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

one more thing, if you installed a v13 or v14 or v15 laser in a v12, would you still need a laser fix? and would it be better than a laser fix?

4. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

oh, and by the way, ive tried ghost 2 fitters, and have been waiting for the order to be confirmed for 3 weeks now. i have also tried game world direct, but i cant get in touch with them. my friend knows this guy who owns a mobile phone shop around the corner from my house, and my friend said "he has great soldering skill, and he modded my xbox 360 for me". of course he has skill, he solders mobile phones for cryin out loud! so anyway, i went to see the guy at the phones shop, and he said "we dont do anything like that here". because he didnt know me personally, so my friend is going to get my ps2 modde from him. Gosh it took me a while to type all that bullshit.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

lasers are different in different models. So you may not be able to interchange them. But any V12 i would get a laser fix just to be safe. They are only like $5 so it is no big deal.