1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Modded with DMS3 Modchip (Problem)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by zeroheart, Dec 18, 2004.

1. zeroheart

zeroheart Guest

Hi
    I have a v3 Ps2 and have a DMS3 Modchip install on it.
    It works great but theres a problem with one of the boot modes.
    When I boot the Ps2 mode it cant read my backups. It recognized the disc but it will always return to the browser and sometime the screen were it said "Please insert a PS2 and PS1 Game Disc"
    In all of the other modes it work 100% great.
    Also if I was to flash the chip it would recognize the disc and load it pefectly and the same goes for the dms3 explorer.
    I not sure what the problem is and i dont think its the way i burned it. I tried tons of method like using the dvd decrypter, alcohol 120%, nero, apache2, etc. I dont think the problem is with the modchip or that it cant dvdr's but even if so can it still play imported games like ddr extreme or beatmania IIDX cause this is the reason i brought the modchip.
    I would like any help at all and thanks

2. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

The flash upgrade that has been most compatible for me, has been flash upgrade 2.2. Try using that flash upgrade.

Go to the configuration menu and make sure the default boot mode is PS2 mode, otherwise you have to hold X when booting to play ps2 titles.

3. zeroheart

zeroheart Guest

Ok so your saying that i reflash my modchip with the flash upgrade 2.2 and then go to the configuration menu and make sure the default boot is PS2 mode. But i dont no how go to the configuration menu.

4. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

1) Burn a good clean copy of the appropriate firmware to CDR
    I am using flash 2.2.
    http://www.dms3.com/dms3/files/chips/DMS3_Flash_Upgrades/dms_upgrade_2_2_bincue.zip
    Unzip and burn to cdr. Try burning at 4x.

2) Put the CD into your ps2, and turn the power off.

3) Reset your firmware to the default temporarily.

a)Start with the machine off
    b)Turn the power switch to the right. The reset button will light up red.
    c)Push the reset button. The color will change to green. Shortly thereafter, the eject button will turn blue.
    d)Push the reset button 4 more times. You have to wait until the eject button turns blue for each time you push the reset button.
    e)After that, the cd-r will boot up.

4) Wait until the flashing program is launched, and the chip is re-flashed (hopefully successful this time!)

Now, hold L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 and press reset. This will bring up the configuration menu.

5. zeroheart

zeroheart Guest

ok i flashed my dms3 modchip but i still cant play my backups for ps2 games.
    I can pay backups for my ps1 game but not my ps2 games.
    i tried to burn it to a cdr but had no luck, then i tried it again to burn it on a dvd-r and dvd+r but still it didnt run it.
    I dont no what the problem is but please somebody help me

6. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

If that doesn't work, then I would ask here.

web02063.prolocation.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2