1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Modding?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by playhalo2, Sep 6, 2007.

1. playhalo2

playhalo2 Member

Hey, I'm new to PS2 modding, and as I don't even own a PS2, I would like some advice... (My friend wants me to mod his PS2 so he can play custom guitar hero II songs. He would do it, but he trusts me more because I have modded my Xbox and he figures I have more expirence.)

* How long does it take to mod your ps2 to the point of custom songs on Guitar Hero II?

* Is this a almost fail-safe thing I can do to my friends PS2?

* Does it cost any money? (Modchips, swap magic, etc?)

* How hard is it to do?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out! If this is the wrong forum, can a mod please move it please? Thanks in advnace!

2. xdgen84

xdgen84 Member

Well, it depends what route you want to go.

Swapmagic is the cheapest way to do it, you can get it for ~$35 or so. The best mod chips are usually twice as expensive, plus you still need to install it. You have more options with a mod chip but it depends what you really want out of it.

Swapmagic is virtually failsafe as well, and chips, if done right should be too. There's more rick to installing a mod chip, especially if you are new to it. If you're uncomfortable with the idea of soldering, I would go the Swapmagic route or find someone you know who could install the chip for you, or if you feel comfortable enough to do it yourself that works.

The longest part of this whole process would be to actually make the custom Guitar Hero II game itself. I've made my own so I can tell you how long it takes. You may want to or have your friend visit Scorehero.com and read up on how to do everything.

Assuming the game is already made, Swapmagic would be the quickest and cheapest way to go, but it all comes down to personal preference, experience, and time.

Hope this helps.

3. DXrules

DXrules Guest

use the tape and tissue mod, that's what I use.