1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Modifications skin and Lights

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lucifer69, Dec 18, 2004.

1. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

does any body about a guide that show how to do pain jobs and also how to add leds to my ps2 any help will be very apreciated

2. Quake-69

Quake-69 Member

Dunno what your quite looking for. but I just did up this on my PS2. First I went and bought a clear blue acrylic case and some 4" UV black light cold cathoders.
    [​IMG]
    While putting the Clear blue casing on. I cut the wires off the switch of the UV black lights. Giving me room to play with. Place where ever i wanted to set the power converter it come with. (Power converter is the tuquise blue box) On the back side of the 12V converter for the PS2 (Mines V5) there's 4 solder points. 4 pin's that slip into the converter to the mainboard. on the back is where you'll solder 2 of the wires needed. one ground(blak) one Hot(Red) If you unscrew the power board from the inside you'll notice CN1 beside the power wire next to the black ground and CN2 is next to the one side where the 4 pin's are for the mainboard. :) That's the ground (black) solder them on the back side. if you want the switch then you'll have to figure a spot for it. I did mine with out the switch. The light's stay on when the PS2 is on. Light's go out when the PS2 is off. See shot's below.

need further assistence :) mail me.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  3. Quake-69

Quake-69 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

I have done this mod as well, but i have a v9 ps2 and i do not know where to hard wire the inverter into. Can i send you high res pics of my powerboard so you can show me where to hard wire it into.

my case is clear with a flip top lid and the neons are blue.

any help would be greatly appreciated

5. Quake-69

Quake-69 Member

flip your ps2 upside down and take the bottom cover off. that power cord that connects to the socket. traces the wires to the board. next to the black wire on the board is an CN1 marking. that shows it's the grounding connections. when you unscrew that board from the inside. is there 4 pins that connected to that board from the main board? I don't wanna tell you something that might fry your PS2. I'll try and get a better screen shot to what i hard wired. I also used the Switch you can barely see it. but it's the red dot in the pic.

6. lmaosix

lmaosix Regular member

your ps2 looks SICK. I have a V12 ps2, do u think i can mod mine to? it doesnt look like thers space inside mine :S

7. Quake-69

Quake-69 Member

ok. here's some more pic's. I point out in this pic where and what i'm talking about. I know the pic's are nasty. but I do with what I have. Remember to keep inmind that you have to use that converter that comes with the 4" cold cathodes. that's a converter from 12Volts to I believe 5volts that the lights use. You can get the 12Volts lights and you won't need the converter box. I one of the pic's it shows the harddrive casing.. that's where i stuck the converter and the other light. the other light is where the heat sinks are Here where i put the switch. in the front. I didn't like the idea of having the lights constently on. :) more there on the faster they'll burn out. any ways. :) good luck

8. xshredx

xshredx Regular member

Awesome! Where did you buy that clear blue case? Lately I've been looking for a cheap, clear transparent case (v7 compatible, non fliptop).

9. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

the power board on v9 is completely different but ill look anyways. I wired it up to a 12v adaptor works great. If i get stuck ill pm you

10. Quake-69

Quake-69 Member

I ordered mine from http://www.customps2.com/site/ but from the looks of it. afterdawn aslo recommends places too. do a google search for them. :) http://www.amazon.com has them too. you can get them from anywhere. :) remember when changing out your PS2 original black cover for the clear/colored ones. NOT TO WRENCH THE SCREW'S TO TIGHT. I cracked the top cover cause I wrenched the screw to tight. :(

11. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

so did i :(

12. xshredx

xshredx Regular member

Aww man that sucks! Thanks for the tip.

Where can I get some cold cathode lights that would work with my ps2(V7)? There are 12v and 5v connections, so can i get 5v or 12v lights?

Also, how much extra current/wattage is safe to draw from the power supply without worrying about overloading/overheating problems??

Last edited: Dec 30, 2004
  13. Quake-69

Quake-69 Member

http://www.pctoys.com/caselighting.html affiliated http://www.coolerguys.com/caselighting.html they are the duel cold cathode 4"ers (inches) I have the 12"ers in my comp' tower that I custom did also. They have all sorts of lighting. Pretty sure you could find the 12V lights at radio shack also. But, I ordered mine from pctoys/coolerguys "thier both the same, one bought out the other."
    Referring to the wattage. Sorry not an expert. I myself haven't had a problem with the ones I put in. Anyone else?

14. Quake-69

Quake-69 Member

15. BariSax

BariSax Guest

hey quake69 could u post a link of a catholder light(blue) that would work for my Ps2 ? im gonna do a mod like urs ,Blue case Blue Lights and a switch fot them i Have a Version 4 Ps2.

16. Quake-69

Quake-69 Member

17. Darren987

Darren987 Member

I Have Modded My Ps2 as well Check this
    First Mod
    USB Is 5 Volt on a PC but On a PS2 a USB is 5.19 so i thorght i would get away with putting two 5 volt Leds in but they blew twice after a hour so after i had to take it out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I removed the Fan that was noisy for and replaced it with a 120mm (12 Volts) PC Fan that is dragging 5.19 Volt out of the USB Port and its silent :)

My Network Card
    [​IMG]
    My PS2 With Out a Cover
    [​IMG]
    My PS2 Base
    [​IMG]
    My PS2 With No Network Card
    [​IMG]
    My PS2 With Network Card
    [​IMG]
    PS2 Logo On DVD-Rom
    [​IMG]
    My Logo lol
    [​IMG]
    I Have not finished the Top yet

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  18. rollencan

rollencan Guest

Hey-

Check out this great site that is giving away totally FREE Gaming Systems!

I've joined and I think you should as well.

It's a completely legitimate offer, and this company has already given away $4 million in FREE stuff!

All you have to do is join, complete an online offer, and refer friends to do the same. That's it!

Here is my referral link. To help me get my Gaming System, click this exact link to join, or copy and paste it into a browser:
    http://www.FreeGamingSystems.com/?r=13802591

19. rollencan

rollencan Guest

Hey-

Check out this great site that is giving away totally FREE Gaming Systems!

I've joined and I think you should as well.

It's a completely legitimate offer, and this company has already given away $4 million in FREE stuff!

All you have to do is join, complete an online offer, and refer friends to do the same. That's it!

Here is my referral link. To help me get my Gaming System, click this exact link to join, or copy and paste it into a browser:
    http://www.FreeGamingSystems.com/?r=13802591

20. motoxthor

motoxthor Guest

those r annoying..everyone knows about them ^^^