1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Modified Slim-No disc error

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by sbolton, Jan 20, 2005.

1. sbolton

sbolton Member

Hi, I had my kids' ps2 v12 modified with Magic Pro 7 for two weeks and it worked just fine with all backups. However, it wasn't used for more than 15-30 min. a day. Yesterday, my kids played for approx. 2 hours, when it suddenly shows the "System Browser" Secreen only. I unplugged the power for an hour but no luck. Does this mean that the laser burnt out? How do I know if it's a laser problem? Could it be - as I read in some forums- that the lens gear needs adjustment? PLease help. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  2. meta1

meta1 Regular member

the slim PS2 has cut out many of the key parts from the original, saving Sony money and charging you more - the slim PS2's components are prone to failure much more than the original and because of this it is not recommeneded to play backups/imports or any kind of modchip/swap trick. You have basically killed the laser, try adjusting it so its closer to the disc if not your in for a new PS2 - the slim PS2s are cheap imitations that are sold for twice the price, should have researched this before buying such a shoddy piece of equipment I'm afraid.