1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 mods in toronto

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dillin, Aug 16, 2004.

1. dillin

dillin Member

yeah, I used search but I came up with one thread where someone was bashing the store I was going to get a modded ps2 called Dragon Game Centre. Just want to clear this up is this not a good place to buy? Now I have no clue where to go get one, heard about this Pacific Mall its pretty far from me however I also wanted to know if its a dumb idea to get a pre modded system or am I supposed to get a ps2 and watch them install it or how does everyone else do it?

thanks for reading, hate to be pain in the ass like that but I'm clueless

2. keethyb

keethyb Member

I just got my ps2 modded in Toronto yesterday. I got mine in Chinatown. It's in a white building called HONG KONG CENTRE CITY or something. It's the biggest mall in CT, I believe. The place is just up the escalators, and is half fashion store, half video game store.

He charges 85 at most for a mod install.
    He also sells a variety of games for $10.
    He does good business.

3. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

Must be nice!! This guy doesnt get in any trouble for just modding in the open like that? He even sells back ups? And he has gotten in no trouble? WOW canada is cool!! lol

4. dillin

dillin Member

ok, I know which mall you mean.. does he sell chips as well or is he just installer? And which chips does he sell/install, or at least which did you get?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  5. Redlife2g

Redlife2g Member

best place is pacific mall..theres a couple stores that modd ps2's and they guarantee their work. just take someone chinese with you so you dont get ripped off ;)

6. dillin

dillin Member

lol, to bad I don't know any chinese people only some koreans.. if they do it right in front of me I'll be ok I reckon, what chips do they sell? (so I can check some pictures to know how its supposed to look :) )

oh yeah and what price am I looking at, once again to not get ripped off lol

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  7. noober

noober Member

Go to Oriental center Brimley/sheppard. I got mine mod there and it's cheap too.

8. dillin

dillin Member

seems I should just head to the nearest asian neighbourhood and I'll find a place :).. but can someone tell me which chips they sell at Pacific Mall?

9. Redlife2g

Redlife2g Member

lol taking a korean with you will work just as well man...they have just about every mod chip available..(if u want to see what types are out right now just go to www.mod-chip.com)... When you bring in your ps2 they'll give you the right one for the version you have and they'll test it out infront of you...never pay over 80.00!! + usually they throw in a free game or two. =)

10. dillin

dillin Member

good, thanks :)

11. mryoda

mryoda Member

i went there, he wanted $150 with three games.
    I told him 85 for the chip install. he said no.
    not to mention the fact that he refued to chip my ps2, saying it's v4, and he doesnt want to touch v4.

i dunno, i think i'm gonna chip myself.

12. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

I got mine modded at Pacific Mall for $100 with 3 free games. All they have is Magic chip and something called ultra. I got "ultra" chip, but seem so crappy. They sell games using RiData dvd but not working well on my ps2 maybe cause the chip. But I personally think the best place to buy your modchip/games is at a store called GEN X location near Lansdown St. and Queen St. You have to go into the store and go way back and you'll see it...seem like they are hiding, lol. They sell DMS and Magic and cost too much but I trust them more.

BTW does anyone know where I can get a really good modchip like DMS3 or Matrix in Toronto?

------------------------------------------------------
    PS2 Modded//160 GB HDD//Free HD loader//Action Replay Max Evo//USB Cooling Fan
    ------------------------------------------------------

13. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

BTW, I almost forgot, China Town Centre has 3 stores that install and sell modchip. 2 asian store and 1 white, I think the white guy sell a lot cheaper I think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |PS2v7 Modded|160 GB Maxtor HDD|Free HDLoader|Action Replay Max Evo|USB Cooling Fan|
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not godly enought...