1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Network Adapter.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by txlatino, Dec 9, 2004.

1. txlatino

txlatino Member

Hi and thanks to all who help./
    I just got a network adapter witht he manual and all. I tried installing it but when i turn on the ps2 and put in the start up cd i dunno y but it wont read it. Is it because i dont have an onlin connection hooked up to it?? I have wireless internet so i dont know aht to do? Can someone help?
    Also, i bought a maxtor harddrive. Do i just connect it to the network adapter and thats it? Or is there a sequence i must follow? like should i install the adapter 1st n then go back and do the hdd with it or what?
    Thanks again for all your help.

2. pianoman2

pianoman2 Member

You don't need the connection for it to read the adapter, i don't know much about the wireless part though. If it doesn't succeed at first, try and try again i guess. As far as the HDD you have to format it to work with the ps2. There are posts already about this, just look it up. But yeah, first try the network adapter becuase if thats not workin i don't think the hdd will work with it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  3. Kerippi

Kerippi Member

how do i install the network adapter without a disk? my husband bought the ps2 with the network adapter already installed. I'm trying to install his network adapter onto my ps2, is that possible? i tried to find the disk but there was nothing in his box...

thanks,
    kerippi =)

4. mattdogg

mattdogg Member

All you have to do is get a game that is online enabled and go to where it should say online and it sould say create/edit got to that and it should take you to a screen for setting up your network adapter. Its a very good way to setup your settings without the startup disc :)

5. Kerippi

Kerippi Member

thanks! i gave it a try and it worked!

thanks for ure help,
    kerippi =)

6. mattdogg

mattdogg Member

Glad To Help