1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Network Adaptor Help Needed

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Carnage7, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Carnage7

Carnage7 Guest

This might be rather vague, but I'm not too sure how else to explain it.

I have tried several things to try and connect my adaptor to the Internet with, but all seem to lead up to the same message:

"No line was found."

As far as I know, most of the information that I have entered is correct.

I currently have a Road Runner connection.

I have read the manual as well as online sources and made the right procedures [as far as I know]. I was led to believe that to connect it properly, first to make sure that my ps2 is not plugged in whatsoever, then take the other half of the cable line [the first one being inside of the card on the back of my computer], and inserting it inside of my adaptor. Plug in the ps2, then begin with start-up, etc.

From the start up disk, it asks if you have an ISP. Road Runner, yes. Then it asks you to choose one of the four:

Dial-Up
    Automatic Configuration
    Broadband
    Advanced Setup

So I choose Advanced Setup and select which providor I have; "Other" (Road Runner was not one of the choices)

It then asks me to manually enter my IP. I then look up the information on my computer by use of running "cmd" and typing the good old "ipconfig/all" command and it shows me most of the information that I need.

It asks for my IP address, that of which I entered correctly. It asks my netmask, which I enter correctly. It then asks for my default router (this is where I think one mistake may possibly be).

My information says that IP Routing is not enabled, but I was lead to believe that a router was not required to be able to connect. If this information is false, please inform me otherwise. However, I did enter in my Gateway number in place of it.

After I complete that, it asks me to enter my primary and secondary DNS numbers, which I then enter correctly.

That is all that is required for the set up, and it is ready to test; I test it and get that very same message; it says that the attempt to connect has failed because no line was found.

My friend did exactly what I did [entered Gateway in place of router], and it connected just fine, when I tried, it says "no line was found".

I honestly have no clue what that means. No line found? Did I not hook something up right? It apparently doesnt have anything to do with the numbers [well, with my current problem listed above any way], but has something to do with connecting the lines properly or something.

If anyone can help me in any way at all, please do so. Thank you.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

did you try automatic config? Also, is your ps2 connected directly to your modem?

3. Carnage7

Carnage7 Guest

Actually I figured out the problem, one of the wires wasn't hooked up right somewhere and I finally got it to connect. Thanks for the help anyway, however, once it connects to the internet, it does the "authenticity DNAS software" check to see if my IP and software is legit [which it is], and yet I get another problem:

It says that there was a DNAS error (-611), which I did research on and several other people had this problem as well, yet did not discuss a solution for it. According to the sources, the possible problems may be my configuration [but according to my knowledge I entered every single thing correct], or the DNAS system itself is down, or something of that sort.

To answer your question, yes, one end of the wire is connected directly to my modem, while the other is connected to the adaptor.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2005
  4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

ok, was your computer previously connected to the modem?

5. Carnage7

Carnage7 Guest

When I first tried to connect, it was not connected to the modem, which was the reason it said "no line was found" [as you can see, I'm illiterate when it comes to configuring online play].

I actually had one end plugged into the back of my computer inside of the card, and the other in the adaptor, but I figured out that stupid mistake and kept one end into the modem, then put the other inside of the the adaptor.

It then connects, but when it comes to the DNAS authenticity screen, it pops up with that error.

6. $UR13

$UR13 Guest

Man I have that same problem and I cant get my ps2 to play online!!! To me I think is the ethrnnet cable, because it ask for some special kind of cables!!! And when you figure out what it is tell me cause Im not wasting $40 bucks just for nothing. Dont think im just gonna sit here and wait for you to find out the problem, because i've been working on this a lot and cant find the problem. If you have yahoo you can catch me on sureno13_187@yahoo.com>>>>>>>>>>>>>>peace!!!!!!!!

7. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Any time you plug a different device into your cable modem you have to powercycle the modem.

8. $UR13

$UR13 Guest

What u mean powercycle the modem????

9. $UR13

$UR13 Guest

Thank you ICEMONKEY I did what u told me abd it did work!!Thanks a lot!!!