1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Network Modding

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Eakira, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Eakira

Eakira Member

Hey, I'd like to first apologize in the case that I'm asking one of those Noob questions that gets on everyone's nerves. This one's not intended here.

Anyway, I've seen a lot about how using methods to Mod the Playstation 2 here and there, and I'm interested in a certain technique. Would it be possible to load backups through a PS2's Network Adapter from a computer on a network, rather than using a Modchip, Swap Disc, or HDD? Heck, ever produce a new independence exploit through such technique?

Just a thought. Could the network be used to load PS2 Games?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

not that i have ever seen. I know that they have FTP servers you can use with your Ps2 for transfering files back and forth from the PC to a memory card or hard drive.

3. ndtoall

ndtoall Member

He's not asking how to transfer games to the PS2, he wants to know if he can stream games, so 3 PS2's have access to all the shared games on a network for example.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible, not smoothly anyway.

I've been trying to get XBOX games to stream from my home pc, but to no avail.

Nd