1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Newbie question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by huang34, Oct 5, 2004.

1. huang34

huang34 Member

I've downloaded Disgaea from SuprNova, but when I open the RAR file instead of a ISO or MDF file, I get a bunch of files, Sound,System,Data.DAT,SLUS_206.66,Sector.

Can anybody tell me how do I burn this kind of data into a DVD and play it on my PS2. Your assistance will be much appreciated!!!

2. huang34

huang34 Member

No one has an answer to this question???

3. dud0r

dud0r Member

It appears to be all the extracted files from the game, so i think you can put them in sony cddvdgen and make an image with that.
    But if the game has LBA checks it might fail on you , so i suggest you use the original game you have(else downloading games is piracy, piracy is bad)open it with isobuster and look at the LBA

4. huang34

huang34 Member

dud0r,
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion. But it still doesn't work, I guess I will just forget about burning this game.

5. kaysow

kaysow Member

this is demonoid.com's doing. they only take the files, and make the downloaders themselves figure out what the hell to make of 'em.
    you need cd/dvd generator. it's hard to find though, and i don't remember the link.
    the code for getting cd/dvdgen to accept it is the name and fileextension of one of the files (in this case, slus_206.66).
    then you need some other programs to handle the strange images constructed by the program, but i've eventually figured out it.

although, not with disgaea. i get this when i try and make the image;

[​IMG]

and including more files, in order to crowd the disc a bit more, doesn't work. demonoid has effectively tricked me into a 2 week course of .iso's, copyrightprotections, and converting the files back and forth. but i'm pretty much stuck with this =P

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004