1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 no picture or anything

Discussion in 'PS2' started by queen_bee, Mar 11, 2007.

1. queen_bee

queen_bee Member

Hi all, this is my first post so please be patient. Basically i just bought a ps2 for £2 it had no leads as i was told they had been lost but it worked fine before they were lost !!! nice story!!!

Any way i thought the leads from my PS1 would work fine anyway.

Firstly when i plugged in the power lead there was no power at all - no light - no nothing....i managed to fix this by changing the fuse (had to use a standard 5amp household fuse, its all i had)and the Ps2 fired up great.

However i tried to tune it in to my TV and there was nothing at all. I have not disc in but i would have expected some kind of startup screen???

Is the av lead that works on my ps1 ok to use on the ps2?

Should the channel that its tuned into be the same as the Ps1 is tuned into?

AV slot on Ps2 looks a little messed up, like some of plastic slots are bent.

What its the digital out hole for could i use this to connect instead? or is there any other way to connect the ps2 to the tv?

I am hoping that i am doing something wrong as i would hope to get at least some sort of picture. The disc drive and fan all seem to be working all ok although the ps2 is very dusty inside.

thanks for reading all this and any help would be really appreciated.

2. queen_bee

queen_bee Member

hi, still not solved the problem. Having looked at the AV socket in the back the connectors dont seem that great...........could this be the problem?? is there anyway of connecting it a different way??

3. nixz

nixz Regular member

Try the PS2 RGB Cables, they might work. Its either the cables or the socket at the back of the ps2 is messed up.

4. queen_bee

queen_bee Member

Hi, thanks for the reply, i know the lead to connecting the ps2 to the tv is ok as it works with my psone. The inside of the AV socket doesnt look too great though - plstic around metal strips where the connection is made is bent all over.