1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Noise and Grinding

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PAFC100, Jan 25, 2007.

1. PAFC100

PAFC100 Member

To start I have gone through the fist 22 pages of this forum and can find nothing to help as yet. I have an old big PS2 console model number SCPH-35003. Recently it has started playing up, but only on certain games. Lego Star Wars and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. The Lego game freezes when going through a door during the Discovery On Kamino level and the THAW game wont get past the load screen, the load bar fills the gaps and then it freezes. Both discs have a few light scratches on them, but nothing worse that other games that work ok. The LEgo game only works with the console in the vertical position and the THAW wont work either way. I have experienced this with other games that work fine. Some only work in the vertical position and some horizontal. The worrying thing is the noise while the disc is spinning up. It sounds like a laboured grind. The Lego disc has a mark running around the entire circumference of the disc. Could it be disc slippage or something similar? These problems have started since I let the kids have a free reign on it's use. I know it has gone over from vertical to horizontal with the odd stray foot.

Any help is welcome. Is it worth forking out £2 on e-bay for a fix all your PS2 faults e-book?

2. cnb1703

cnb1703 Guest

I too had a problem with a past ps2 systeam making a load grinding nosie. I sent it off to get it fixed come to find out the problem was The rod the laser slides on was gummed up.