1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 NOT LOADING BACK UP DVD-R's.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lyrysyst, Apr 11, 2005.

1. lyrysyst

lyrysyst Member

My ps2 has recently stopped playing dvd-r. It started reading them every 1/20 times then jus stopped. it plays old dvd-r games like max payne but i got fight night round 2 which dosent work & metal gear solid 3 which worked once. now i can play cd-r's and old original dvd-rs. I have read a lot of posts on this site in differemt catagories and have tried: Tweaking laser, lubricating rods & worm, cleaning ps2 & lens with alcohol. Im so angry because i have only had it 2 months. I hav got a magic 3 chip. This is my 3rd ps2 and its really gettin on my nerves now. surely i cant need a new laser already? Oh and it seems to load ok then just be4 the screen with the moving lights goes off 2 reveal browser & options screen it makes a loud click. Im really sure i have tried everything. "CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP" !!!!!!

2. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

calm down:p

usually when it makes a loud click when trying to load,thats a damaged or bad backup.

it could be a media problem.

what media are you using to do your backups on?
    what method are you using to back them up (programs etc)?

3. lyrysyst

lyrysyst Member

I dont do them myself i buy them but the dvd-rs used are RiDisc 4.7 gig with purple back. I hav games on diffent types of discs and they all stopped working.

4. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

lasers the only thing i can think of then

youve gone through 3 ps2's?

did you mod them yourself or get someone to do it?

do you take good care of your ps2?
    have anything heavy on top of it?

5. lyrysyst

lyrysyst Member

my ps2 has been kept in excellent condition. I havnt put anythin on top of it. & each ps2 was a different version with a different chip modded off different people. Im really confused??????????

6. steimy

steimy Active member

That is strange? I have had my V7 for years and it still works fine. The only one i had go bad was my old V5, it was just last year when the laser started having to be adjusted every time you played it and i bought it right when PS2's were still very new and they were $300
    Other than that i would have to say that either the people who installed the chips did a poor job, the chip has no laser fix and burns out your laser, or there is a laser fix flash for the chip that was never installed. I can't see any reason why one would go bad in just 2 months. I also have a new slim PSTwo with a DMS4 Pro chip and have had it longer than that and it still works fine?