1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Not powering up

Discussion in 'PS2' started by phiquach, Sep 3, 2004.

1. phiquach

phiquach Member

i installed a modchip and took it out. now my PS2 does not power up. i do not know why. i checked all the soldering spots and they are clean of solder. i changed the psu and still no power... any answers? something wrong with the mobo?

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Check the silver ribbon cable that connects the Reset/Eject buttons to the motherboard. Make sure you didn't damage it and that it's securely connected to the motherboard. This cable is very brittle and easy to damage.

3. phiquach

phiquach Member

just checked the cable and replaced it too. still doesn't not power up...

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Check fuses then. There's a glass one in the power supply and little white one's soldered all over the PS2 mainboard.

5. phiquach

phiquach Member

ok i changed the mobo, installed the modchip "matrix infinity" on a v7. i do everything correctly and cleanly. i check all points and they are soldered correctly. when i power up the ps2, i get no picture at all. according to directions i'm suppose to wait 15 seconds if there is no joypad connected. i wait 1 minute and nothing changes. i open up the ps2 to see if there are loose wires, everything is in tack... do you guys think the chip is defective?

6. phiquach

phiquach Member

ok new info... i took out the chip... and now i have no picture at all on the tv... i tried 3 different cables to see if it was it, no luck... anyone have suggestions?

7. phiquach

phiquach Member

i am not getting a picture no more guys... i took out the chip and there is no picture... can you please help me