1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 not reading any discs, any help appreciated!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ideaone, Nov 30, 2004.

1. ideaone

ideaone Member

hey guys, i had a few probs recently with my ps2 when playing backups would skip, i saw info on these forums and various websites that adjusting the white cog near your laser and cleaning the laser can help. i did both of these but now my ps2 wont read anything. if may be useful to note that i did take the ps2 apart using the instructions from that cybermag site, and once id completed those instructions realised i didnt need to take it apart that much at all, and put it back together. is it possible i may have damaged something or is it to do with the white cog adjustment? any help would be much appreciated. thanks!

2. ideaone

ideaone Member

also i forgot to mention when i swich the console on the red light on the laser does flash, so i think the laser is ok, and the disc spins for a second, but stops. i dont get a disc read error screen or anything, it just sits at the screen where you can select browser. any ideas/help appreciated!

3. billz

billz Active member

readjust the white cog wheel

4. ideaone

ideaone Member

thanks for your comment billz. unfortunately i forgot to mark the original point of the white cog, all though i did sit for ages and try every possible possition. it did make the ps2 try and read the disc in some possitions but it just trys to read it for a while and then gives me a disc read error in browser.

5. Yellers

Yellers Member

bumpy bumpy, i have the same problem!